Monday, November 1, 2010

Vegan MoFo Day 1: Hungry, but Blogging

That's right. I confess: I am not currently a vegan. I've been vegan, and I would like to be again, which is why I decided to participate in Vegan MoFo. I think it's just the motivator I need to meet the goals I listed above, and a few more. Plus, my unemployed, aging ass needs a project right now.

It's almost lunchtime, and all I can really think about is having the remainder of the Tomato Basil soup in the fridge and half a Tofurky sandwich.

However, I was going through my RSS subscriptions, and I realized/remembered that today is World Vegan Day, and the beginning of Vegan Month of Food (aka Vegan MoFo). Then, I thought, Hey, I've been meaning to eat healthier/learn to cook/become vegan...


There will be some challenges, but I am determined.
  • Currently,  I am vegetarian, and my "weaknesses" are chocolate and cheese. 
  • I don't really know how to cook. Spaghetti and grilled cheese sandwiches are about it. I've made several recipes from cookbooks, and I've succeeded - mostly.
  • My boyfriend, who lives with me, is vegetarian, but I'm pretty sure he has no plans to go completely vegan. So, we'll have to buy our own cheeses.
Full disclosure - I went grocery shopping this morning before I decided to MoFo, and my cart was not all vegan. My goal for today is to go through my books and files for recipes to include in menus for later this week and for next week. I'm thinking mostly soups and stews with grains. I don't think I can screw that up so badly, right?

Seriously, I'm really hungry now.

2 comments:

  1. Come back to the vegan side! Good luck with it! Giving up cheese was really hard for me, but the vegan alternatives seriously are delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I've tried some of the cheeses too, and I agree :)

    ReplyDelete