Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Vegan MoFo Day 24: Thanksgiving Prep

I was going to make our Thanksgiving dishes today. Then, I realized that one of the dishes would only take about 30 minutes to make, total. So, I did laundry.

Of course, I still got the urge to do something cooking-related. I figured that if I prep the ingredients, then I can save myself about an hour tomorrow. (Seriously, you should see my knife non-skills. I take forever.)

I sliced shallots, trimmed green beans, sliced fennel, minced garlic, and sliced onions. I saved the potatoes and apple for tomorrow. More on this later.

After prepping and storing the goods, The BF and I went to Native Foods for dinner. We had a 2-for-1 entree coupon, and we had to pick up the Native Wellington we ordered a few days ago.

I had the Scorpion Burger, with a side of sweet potato fries, and the Lavender Lemonade. OMG it was all delish! After dinner, we picked up the Wellington, and I got a cheesecake to take home. Mmmm... it came with blueberries, and it was so freakin' good.

Unfortunately, when I got home and opened the fridge, there it was - the stench of fennel and onions. Oh good god. Sure, we'll use those tomorrow, and the fridge will be rid of the culprits, but will it really be rid of the odor? Hope so, but afraid not. Baking soda will be on my urgent list.

No comments:

Post a Comment