Sunday, November 14, 2010

Vegan MoFo Day 14: Last Night, Leftovers, & Laziness

I made a pleasant discovery last night - I like Indian food! The BF and I went to dinner with his family, and they took us to an Indian restaurant. It was only my second time ever at such a place. My first time was in New York, and I somehow concluded that I didn't really care for it.

Last night, however, I loved all the dishes we ordered. One was Saag, another was a lentil-based dish, and the other was a big combo of yummy whose name I cannot recall.

So yes, I now like Indian food :)

Today, BF and I had the last of the leftover quiche. So yummy, yet so much work. I was a little hesitant to say I'd make it again, but I now think I definitely would.

I had a busy day, so I got lazy for dinner. We had some Gardein buffalo wings and crispy tenders. No sides, no frills. Just right out of the package.

In the spirit of laziness, I made the menu for this week really easy. I decided to make a couple of soups, pasta, and one thing I've been craving:
  • Corn and Potato Chowder (from 1000 Vegan Recipes by Robin Robertson)
  • Carrot Bisque (from Vegan with a Vengeance, by Isa Chandra Moskowitz and Terry Hope Romero)
  • my (vegan) version of the Tostada Pizza from CPK
  • angel hair pasta & sauce from a jar - in case I screw any of the above up
Those should all yield plenty of leftovers. Though, it's going to be another warm week in LA. Sigh.
headquarters

No comments:

Post a Comment