Monday, November 15, 2010

Vegan MoFo Day 15: Grocery Shopping and Impulse Buys

Today is grocery day! I really used to hate grocery shopping, but now that I have an idea of what I'm going to buy, it's become much more enjoyable. I wasn't even embarrassed to take my utility cart and walk the .7 mi to the store - something people just don't do in LA.

In my previous post, I listed the recipes that I would be making this week. Before I even left for the store, I decided to leave the Carrot Bisque from Veganomicon out in order to save a little bit of money.

However, when I got to the store, I saw that they had sugar pumpkin, and I got excited. After discovering how much I liked Indian food, I wanted to make the Pumpkin Saag recipe from Veganomicon, but I had no idea what sugar pumpkin was or where the heck to get it.

I got the pumpkin and the spinach that the recipe calls for, but of course, I could not remember what the remaining ingredients were. I'll have to go to the store again - besides, I couldn't find vegan ranch dressing for the Tostada Pizza.

No comments:

Post a Comment