Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Vegan MoFo Day 2: Soup Too Nuts

In my quest to find menu items for the coming week or so, I have learned several things:
  • I have more cookbooks than I really need.
  • On top of those cookbooks, I've saved a lot of recipes from magazines and websites. Sheesh.
  • Soups are not necessarily easy to make.
  • I should seriously consider getting an immersion blender.
  • I will either have to eat large portions of soup; eat the same soup for several days; freeze a lot of soup; or cut recipes in half.
  • It's way to freakin' hot in LA these days to even think about soup.
While I could just pick a book and make recipes from it, I have to be a little more practical. I'm trying to feed two people, satisfy both of our tastes, and spend as little money as possible. Therefore, I really want to spend the next couple of days sifting through the pile of recipes to find ones that help me do just that. My new goal is to have this done by the weekend so that I can shop and cook on Sunday. Nuts.
Vegan Month of Food

No comments:

Post a Comment