Monday, November 22, 2010

Vegan MoFo Day 22: Thanksgiving Decisions

I've been having a difficult time deciding what to bring to my sister's place for Thanksgiving. I want to cook something, especially since I haven't really cooked from a recipe in a few days.

However, I don't want to spend a lot of money on... anything. Sheesh.

So far, we know for sure that we are having the Native Wellington from Native Foods. I love potatoes and stuffing and pumpkin pie, so I want those. The BF loves green bean casserole.

Here's what I decided:
  • The Wellington already has some stuffing in it. As much as I love stuffing, I'm going to skip it. Besides, the vegetables I have in the fridge are going bad, so it's not like I can use them anymore. Definitely not worth buying MORE stuff just to make something from something I have.
  • I'll make the Green Bean Vegan Casserole and Potato Fennel Gratin from the Native Foods cooking demo this past weekend. I trust the recipes are good, so that works for me.
  • I'll make the carrot cake cupcakes from VCTOTW. I have all the ingredients I need for them, and everyone loves them. 
Phew. Now off to my big grocery tour to get the good stuff!

No comments:

Post a Comment