Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Vegan MoFo Day 16: Countdown to T-Day - Make, or Take?

I just received confirmation that my family will be having Thanksgiving at my sister's place (rather than a restaurant, which was almost an option). The non-vegetarians will be ordering their food because they don't want to cook. I, however, have to either make, or take vegan food - and I don't know what I'd like to do!

Make
Time consuming, and potentially expensive depending on quantity and ingredients. Although... I do have some potatoes and celery leftover from this week's chowder recipe, and I want to try making a "Hawaiian Sweet Bread" stuffing. Because I'm crazy.

I will have to make everything beforehand and bring it down somehow. Which means that in addition to buying food, I might have to buy containers.

Take
Definitely less time consuming, but possibly more expensive. Whole Foods has a lot of vegan items on their holiday menu. One veggie restaurant near me has a meal to order for quite inexpensive, but I have to find out if it's entirely vegan. Other restaurants have stuff to order, but at large quantities.

This option has me actually having to talk to people and ask questions, and pick up food on either Wednesday or Thursday, which will be very busy, I'm sure.

I'm leaning toward making food. Perhaps instead of making my daily meals labor-intensive, I'll stick to easy stuff. That way, I can put the work into Thanksgiving menu items.

ta da!

No comments:

Post a Comment