Sunday, November 21, 2010

Vegan MoFo Day 21: Hollywood Farmers' Market - Popped!

I had read all about the breakfast sandwich by A Taste of Life on quarrygirl.com... so this morning I took the BF to the Hollywood Farmers' Market this morning to give it a try.

It was our first time to the market, and my goal was to get the sandwich and just browse the vendors. By the time we got there, we were hungry, and of course we had no idea where A Taste of Life had its booth. For anyone who hasn't been before, it's on Selma, on the east side of Ivar.

We got to the booth, and I looked at the menu on the table - there was no such thing as a breakfast sandwich! They had a breakfast burrito on the menu... so we asked for that. Ha. Ha. Joke was on us, the vendor apologetically told us that they now sold a sandwich instead. Yes, please!

I told him we had heard great things about it, and when I opened it up - OK, I am salivating just writing about it. It was GOOD. I want another one. Now.


As for the market - like I said, I just wanted to browse. I didn't have anything in particular I wanted to get besides the sammy. It was bigger than I expected. I had only been to two other farmers' markets before - Brea and West Hollywood - and those are really small. I got pretty overwhelmed, but I did take down info on some vendors that I was interested in.

I definitely, DEFINITELY want to go back for the sandwich. It's seriously every bit as good as people say!

No comments:

Post a Comment