Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Vegan MoFo 23: Chili Redux

After last night's semi-disaster, I was determined to correct my wrongdoing. I set my mind to having the way-too-hot chili for lunch, but toned down so that I could actually eat it.

I grabbed the can of corn kernels that I had in the cupboard and put them in a pot straight up, without draining. I then poured about a third of a cup of unsweetened soymilk in and heated the whole thing up until it was simmering.

Then, I poured in the chili from last night and heated it all up together. Mind you, I had the idea to put corn into the chili last night as I was making it, but I figured I had already messed things up so much that I should just leave things be.

Once the chili was hot (in temperature), I served it up, again with the avocado garnish. I gotta say, it was way better! I could stand the heat, and the corn and soymilk added just a hint of sweetness. The BF said it was just as spicy as it was last night, but he did like the corn.

There's still a whole bunch of this stuff left, but at least now I know that I can eat it :)

No comments:

Post a Comment